Sunday, February 14, 2010

the promised dessert

I have officially begun exploring desserts. I am trying to stay on the healthy side...

The first simple dessert I made was a two-layered Jello. In individual portions, I made raspberry Jello, allowed that to harden, then added a small slice of grapefruit and on top of that, I put a layer of orange Jello. This dessert is very pretty to serve and a very healthy choice.

Next I mixed together honey, water, quite a lot of red wine, nutmeg, cloves, and cinnamon, and let that boil. As soon as it was ready I placed peeled pears inside the pot on the fire, with the bottoms of the pairs cut off so that it could stand. Twenty minutes later, I removed the pears and served them with a raspberry syrup on the side and a scoop of chocolate mousse to go along with it. Now this, this was amazing. Really special- it fills your entire body with an aroma and soft, warm feeling. This is good for evening meals. I would venture to say its a five star!

As usual, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment