Sunday, February 14, 2010

chicken rolled with olive tomato stuffing

I began by buying all the bizarre ingredients for this recipe. As soon as I entered my kitchen, I began the adventure, which, after all, was easier than expected. I began by mixing together kalamata olives, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh garlic, and gluten free bread crumbs. I set that aside and took a dozen or so chicken breasts, flattening them out. I rolled each one with the spicy mixture and inserted a toothpick to hold it together. I fried the chicken roll for a few minuted in olive oil and when I took out the chicken, I put in chicken broth, white wine, cubed olives and onions into the pan. on the side I whisked together lemon juice and cornmeal and soon added that to the pan as well.
( I am most probably forgetting a few things, but that is the crux of it...)
I let that simmer and reduce for a bit before adding the chicken and letting that cook for a bit. Right before I served it, I cut each roll into three pieces, allowing the beautiful design to show on the platter. I poured some of the sauce over it and served it with brown rice, quinoa cooked in meat soup and sprinkled with dried apricots and almonds. I also had a sweet apple side dish, which went together quite well with the chicken, 'counteracting' the spicy taste of the rolls.
this is definitely a keeper recipe! every guest admired the look of it, and each one enjoyed the taste. This dish makes conversation easy and absolutely MAKES the meal!! one of my best successes yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment