Thursday, January 21, 2010

boeuf bourguignon
















They call it 'boeuf bourguignon'. Where do I start with this one!?

(it looks so much better in reality than in the picture...)

This dish takes a while to make, but once you taste it... you know it was all worth it.
So I began by buying 3 packs of cut beef. I rolled them in flour, carefully tending to each one. Then I placed them in a very hot pan of oil and fried them until golden. Of course, salt was a must, so I dashed some into the mixture. Once ready, I put the fried boeuf into a pot of water, and roughly sliced two onions, throwing them into the pot as well. It was crucial, at this point, to keep the fire on very low and cover the pot tightly. I added Italian herbs, and after one hour of simmering, generously added a cup of red whine. I let the mixture simmer for another hour or so, until it looks perfect!

Now let me tell you. This boeuf bourguignon is unbelievable. The wine enhances the meaty flavor, and the onions complement it very well. When this dish is served, hot and smoky, it makes everyone's mouth water. Everything about it is just so delicious- the smell, taste, tenderness in your mouth... Usually, though, it takes a few tries to make the perfect one, but trust me. It's all worth it.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment