Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Roll over!

I went to an unbelievable cook's store today, and was stunned at the countless utensils for the kitchen. I can spend hours upon hours in a store like that, but what surprised me was that some of the recipe books there were for simple rolls! Did I really need a book to tell me how to make a roll?! So, I decided to try it out... by myself. As soon as I got home I raided the fridge for some inspiration, and decided on a salad roll.
First I placed two huge salad leaves on the plate (since the leaves are green, I used a white plate with green designs). I took three pieces of sliced turkey breast and placed them on the salad. Next, I was going to put mango, but I was not so sure about the funky taste, so I decided against it and chose green apples, cut, with a bit of lemon juice sprayed on it, but not too much. Over the whole salad-turkey-apple roll I sprayed some raspberry walnut dressing. On the side I had carrot slices and pepper slices (which I originally put in the roll, but changed my mind), with a pesto dip. The picture is the salad roll before it is rolled, before I took out the peppers, and before I added two slices of turkey breast on top of the first layer.
For dessert: a banana... but I will begin making more sophisticated desserts soon.
Overall, the meal was light and really energizing. I love to cook so much, I wish I had more time to really sit and create new recipes. Well, that's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment