Saturday, January 2, 2010

A Word on Fruit Salad...

This afternoon, I ate something that I eat often, but rarely bother to taste. I had a fruit salad, served in a simple, small, white bowl. It contained different fruits, including grapefruits, apples, and oranges. I took a spoonful of grapefruit and apple pieces. That's when it hit me; anything natural, blended together so beautifully, can taste absolutely incredible! And then I realized... that that's what cooking is all about. You have to find the perfect ratios to blend together all the plain and simple foods in order to make a perfect dish. That's the beauty of cooking; it's all about what you use, those small tablespoons and cups of various ingredients that come together to make just the taste you wanted. All that I got from that fruit salad. Yes, the perfect, few ingredients that blend together to make the perfect mix... well, that's what really make cooking a pleasure and an adventure. And when you get it right, when you really blend those simple ingredients perfectly, you have a delicious food, a world of it's own, a real mouthful of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment