Friday, April 16, 2010

simple supper

Cooking can be very draining sometimes. Last night I decided to go with a simple supper, very natural, healthy and nutritious:
First I grilled salmon. It was fresh from the market, and all I did was put it in the pan with some oil, and let it cook. Next I took some spinach ( I love spinach! ) and put it in a pot with a tiny bit of water to prevent it from burning. When it was hot I dug a few 'wells' in the spinach and added eggs to the wells. Covering the pot and setting it on a low fire, the eggs cooked into the spinach. It was very good! To accompany the meal I simply made white rice. I sometimes fry onions or mushrooms to flavor it a bit, but instead I just served the salmon on it and the spinach right next to it.
This made a yummy supper, and a magnificent arrangement on the plate! The green, pink, and white... a really good blend! I love a pretty plate!

I could have served a good bread with this meal- some baguette perhaps, or even just bread-flats (delicious crackers!) but I try to cook all gluten-free, so I decided against it.

Alright, that's all for now. I am making my slush for tomorrow right now. Simply adding fresh frozen peaches, strawberries, and rhubarb into the blender. I squeezed two oranges into the mixture and I am refrigerating it until I serve it!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment