Sunday, December 26, 2010

So simple, so splendid

Sometimes I find that the simplest recipes are the best. Of course, if you have time and energy and ingredients, go right ahead and make something a bit more exciting! But tonight I was short on time, so I made a quickie.

Tilapia. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Tilapia is easy; if you overcook a bit, it won't make a difference. So use it if you are unsure of anything...

I put fresh lemon juice and olive oil in the pan. I let that heat up and added a layer of tilapia (COMPLETELY FROZEN!). Then I sprayed that layer and added another three pieces of fish on top, covered the pan, and left it on medium flame for about ten fifteen minutes. When it comes out, the fish is soft, and the liquid will give you a great sauce. Now this sounds not so exciting, but serve it with brown rice and a salad (lettuce, tomatos, hearts of palm), and a soup at the beginning, and you have yourself a meal! I served this with a tomato soup to start the meal. Just know which cheeses to add, and use the freshest kind you have. So light, so easy to make... perfect for one of those busy evenings at home when you want to throw together something healthy and delicious.

Happy eatings!

No comments:

Post a Comment